You can learn all sorts of great things from all sorts of not-necessarily-obvious places! Here are things from 5 (silly) shows I watch on the telly:
- How I Met Your Mother: Introduce people to each other, as in “Have you met Ted?” On the show it was a great way for poor Ted to meet women. In your life, it can be a generous gift of connection. You know Jane is looking for a new vet so you officially introduce her to yours, via email or LinkedIn or, sit down…in person. This personal touch does wonders for all involved.
- Project Runway: Don’t talk about people behind their back. Bottom line – unless you are willing to say something to a person’s face you just shouldn’t say it.
- Blue Bloods: Family (and friends) take priority; in the end they are the ones we will be surrounded by. You can disagree, even argue but remember that love is the foundation and nothing should ever undermine it.
- Doc Martin: Being kind and friendly doesn’t cost you a penny, unless you count missed connections, community and strong relationships to be of value!! Being rude and condescending does not an abundant life create!!
- The Biggest Loser: It is okay to wake up and realize you have gone off track; now you get to dig deep, make a change and move with intention towards the life you want and deserve. It won’t be easy but you can be damned sure it will be worth it.