What the hell does that mean???
Last time I asked if you are ready to die? Everyone is pretty familiar with that thought process but not everyone is awake to the notion that we actually have to be ready to live; we must intentionally live…on purpose, with passion, with commitment to the adventure.
And so I ask – are you ready to live?
If you feel something is missing, that life is trundling along and not quite what you wanted or hoped for, then perhaps you need to get ready. Gandhi said, “Learn like you will live forever”.
Here are ways to prepare and learn:
- Eat fabulous healthy food; lots of veggies and water, no processed foods. At the very least, pay attention to what fuels go in the body. Learn about real nutrition, from real science.
- Go outside and exercise, walk, hike, ride a bike, anything to move. Explore new options – take a dance class, a yoga class, join a walking group or a cricket club. Prepare to move.
- Be more friendly. Smile at complete strangers, let another car in front of you, make conversation. If this is hard, learn ways that feel okay for you. (Small talk at the grocery works for me as I know it is very short). Prepare yourself to have friends because friends improve quality of life.
- Learn about other faiths and spiritual practices. Read books, find blogs, watch TV shows (Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday is a good entry point). Broaden your horizons, open your mind, open your heart and life will unfold for you.
- Do something new every day – a new food, a new type of music, a new magazine or book genre. Stretch your mind, expand your brain and your universe to include the unfamiliar.
Can you imagine what the world would be like if we woke up ready to live each and every day? If every person was on purpose, intentional in their actions? If we all had open hearts, open minds?
Another Gandhi quote: “We must be the change we wish to see in the world”. If not me then who? If not now then when?
I am ready to live…won’t you join me?