The only sure way to soothe an aching heart is to start listing off the things for which you are grateful, so here goes:
- I am grateful for my health and my strong body
- I give thanks for a wonderful husband and 4 amazing children
- I am grateful for a home and plenty of food
- I am grateful to have two furry little canines in my life
- I give thanks for my sister
- I am grateful to have such a large loving extended family
- I give thanks for the education I received
- I am grateful to be able to read and write
- I am grateful to live in a democracy (albeit a failing one)
- I give thanks for friends I have lost and the memories that remain
- I am grateful for the many options in my life
- I am grateful I do not live in fear
I could write a list of 100 things in my life that fill my heart and I am grateful for each and every one of them. I am grateful to know that this too shall pass, that all will be well, that all is in fact, perfect in this moment.
Wishing you gratitude on the good days and most especially on the not-so-good days.