Teachers are everywhere when you keep an open mind and an open heart.
I feel truly blessed to have had so many phenomenal teachers over the years; some I have met in person, others I have listened to and most I have read.
Today I want to talk about Dr. David Hawkins. I have listened to his teachings for more than 5 years now, most mornings when I walk it is his voice that inspire and guides me; 4-5 days a week, 52 weeks a year…that’s a lot of learning!!!
Some of the most profound lessons:
- In loving chocolate (ice-cream) you don’t have to hate vanilla.
- The ultimate goal is complete surrender to God (the Divine/the Universe).
- There’s a lot of shit going around about enlightenment.. you get there by doing #2, completely.
- We are not at war with our ego; it is an essential mechanism to help us live in this world.
- Every hair on my head is counted (Karma is real, in case you were wondering!!)
- Every action moves us closer or further from our ultimate goal (see #2); what do you choose?
To say this man has changed every aspect of my life does not even begin to give justice to his teachings. I am grateful beyond measure to have discovered David Hawkins and hope you will look him up, find him in your local library (I did) and take in his teachings one word at a time, day after day, week after week until your life overflows with blessings.