Abundance is your birthright and manifests in all areas of your life including your spiritual life and this is the area that has brought the most joy and meaning to my own life. The question many of us ask is how do we find that deep –rooted connection to all that is, how can we explore our true nature, who am I, how am I, why am I? (Really just one question!!)
Our lives are an amalgam of physical, mental/emotional and spiritual aspects and they seem to build on each other, at least, that is what I have found.
Like most things that I find complicated, I have created a simple explanation/story. We all understand how school progresses and none of us would expect a 5 year old to master molecular biology, so why do we expect this from ourselves? I liken the physical of our lives to elementary (primary) school , the mind (mental and emotional) aspects are middle school and high (senior) school includes the spiritual realm.
Our physical lives include our health, our homes, finances and anything you can see, touch and (physically) feel. The mental and emotional aspects include how we think and feel about the afore mentioned areas, how we feel about ourselves, where we see ourselves fitting (or not) and also all the internal messages we repeat over and over, and over again. The spiritual is more nebulous and means different things to different people; spiritual is not religious, it does not claim a single path, spiritual is a deep unconditional love for all things, including yourself.
There are many steps to manifest abundance in all areas of your life and every step is simple. I wish I could tell you they were easy! It is my recommendation that you build incrementally; spend a little time getting your physical world in order, then add some of the mind aspects and finally dive deeply into your spiritual nature. Of course, it is impossible to separate these out and you will be drawn to healing one area more than another, or perhaps you may be forced by a situation that demands immediate attention.
Baby steps for your physical well-being:
- Improve your health – take a walk, drink water, find an accountability partner in a friend
- Clear the clutter from your home
- Address any financial challenges you have (keeping your head in the sand will not fix a problem)
Small steps for mental/emotional growth:
- Meditate – learn to sit with your thoughts, they have little or no relevance in your life
- When you hear the same-old-same-old in your head, take it out and look closely at the truth of it; chances are those phrases are not based on anything real or truthful
- Write in a journal as often as possible
Suggested steps to spiritual abundance:
- Meditate (yes, it keeps showing up!!)
- Read the life stories of spiritual leaders, especially the ones outside your own frame of reference (Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, Mohammed, St Augustine etc…)
- Do something for someone who cannot repay you, every day if possible.
At the end of the day, this is it, this is all we are given and if you do not feel that your life is overflowing with blessings and bounty, then it is up to you to step out of the shadows and into the light.
Please reach out by comment or email if you have questions, concerns or comments.