The sun is always shining which means we always need sunscreen. I live in Seattle and there are lots of clouds and many of them carry buckets and buckets of rain and still I need sunscreen!
Just because the sun is hiding or is only visible from the other side of the planet does not mean it has stopped shining.
The last couple of weeks have been full of clouds, one challenge after another, each one threatening to knock me off my feet. Luckily I know, at my very core, that the sun is always shining, even in the lashing rain.
The sunscreen I choose works for me – you might consider trying these or looking for other options that work more effectively for your skin-type 🙂
- Breathing (pranayama) – intentional, deep, focused
- Yoga – 1 pose or an hour practice, whatever I can manage
- Juicing – daily ritual that keeps my body physically nourished
- Walk – luckily I have 2 dogs and they need to go potty several times a day
- Write in my gratitude journal, even if it is hard to come up with 5 things to write
- Contemplation – my preferred form of meditation
- Prayer – constant conversation with the Divine
It’s best to practice using sunscreen when the sun is shining; once you have the habit formed it is much easier to continue during the dark wet days that are bound to show up.
Please share what your “sunscreen” is in the comments.